Record Store Day Drops 2020 - Aug 29
New Vinyl: $16.98 Buy
2020 marks the 40th anniversary of two releases from psychedelic icons The Soft Boys, their Near The Soft Boys EP and the single for their biggest hit "I Wanna Destroy You. To commemorate these releases, Yep Roc will be reissuing these ultra-rare releases as a limited edition gatefold double 45. Both titles have never been reissued and fetch tidy sums in collector's circles. "I Wanna Destroy You" has become an anthem in today's political climate and features the rare disco version of "I'm an Old Pervert" on it's b-side. Near The Soft Boys features two Hitchock-penned originals - "Kingdom of Love" and "Strange" - as well as a cover of Syd Barrett's "Vegetable Man".
I Wanna Destroy You: SIDE A: I Wanna Destroy You SIDE B: I'm an Old Pervert (Disco) Near the
Soft Boys: SIDE A: Kingdom of Love SIDE B: 1. Vegetable Man 2. Strange
7" single of Cat Stevens’ song “But I Might Die Tonight”, from the album Tea For The Tillerman. The B-side features the alternative version of the song, from the movie Deep End (starring Jane Asher), reworked specifically for the film and previously unavailable until now! Pressed on light blue vinyl.
SIDE A – 1. But I Might Die Tonight (Movie Version)
SIDE B – 1. But I Might Die Tonight (Remastered 2020)
Fuktronic is the brainchild of Jimmy Urine (Mindless Self Indulgence) and Serj Tankian (System Of A Down), who’ve made the ultimate electronic soundtrack for a one of a kind British gangster film. Urine said about the project: “Our dynamic is very chill, which is why we do this kind of stuff, especially because, with Fuktronic, it's electronic type soundtrack music, which we've both been doing a lot of on our own. Fuktronic is a 12-track journey; four instrumentals and eight tracks featuring original scripted and voice-acted dialogue that chronicle the trials and tribulations of a fresh-out-of-prison British gangster who hasn’t learned his lesson.”
Available as a limited edition of 2,500 individually numbered copies on blue marbled (solid blue, white & black mixed) vinyl.
1. Chase 2. Parole 3. Shot 4. Frenchy 5. Guns 6. Ladies
7. Kit Kat Klub 8. Russian 9. TTFO 10. Flight 11. Fail 12. Credits
A collection of singles and compilation tracks from queercore legends Team Dresch released between 1994 and 2000. Includes early hit's like "Hand Grenade" and later anthems like "It's A Conversation". Will be pressed on pink vinyl and the vinyl edition will be exclusive to RSD 2020.
1. My Voice 2. Hand Grenade 3. Endtime Relay 4. Molasses In January 5. Seven 6. Fake Fight 7. Song For Anne Bannon 8. What Can A Lover Do? 9. It's A Conversation 10. Deattached 11. Venus Lacy 12. Temporary Insurance
Los Angeles based singer/songwriter Mia Doi Todd's critically acclaimed 2008 album, GEA, will finally make its vinyl debut with a limited pressing on green vinyl, in celebration of Record Store Day and Earth Day 2020. Todd is at her best on GEA, both in terms of songwriting and arrangements, with help from co-producers Carlos Niño and Miguel Atwood-Ferguson. The album has been remastered for vinyl, and the packaging features an updated version of her original cover artwork, along with a lyric insert. A portion of the proceeds will be donated to Carbonfund.org to offset the carbon footprint of this release.
1. “River Of Life / The Yes Song” 2. “Night Of A Thousand Kisse”s 3. “Big Bad Wolf & Black Widow Spider” 4. Sleepless Nights 5. “Esperar Es Caro” 6. “Kokoro” 7. “Can I Borrow You?” 8. “In The End” 9. “Old World New World”
“11 O’Clock Tick Tock” was recorded with producer Martin Hannett in Dublin’s Windmill Lane Studios and originally released in May 1980. The song was U2’s first single on Island Records. This 40th anniversary limited edition LP includes the original track and the 7” b-side version of ‘Touch’, plus two previously unreleased live recordings from the band’s September 1980 show at the London Marquee. Pressed on 180-gram, transparent blue vinyl. Gatefold sleeve packaging, with photo gallery on inner gatefold.
SIDE A –
1. 11 O’Clock Tick Tock (Long Version) 2. Touch (Remaster)
SIDE B –
1. Touch (Live at the Marquee, London, 1980) 2. Twilight (Live at the Marquee, London, 1980)
A 40th Anniversary release of Ultravox’s debut single, with Midge Ure on vocals. Originally released on 7” single in 1980, this will be the first time on 12” and includes brand new stereo mixes by Steven Wilson. The new A-side mix of “Sleepwalking” is taken from the forthcoming Vienna 40th Anniversary Box Set coming this summer.
“Sleepwalk (Steven Wilson Stereo Mix)” / “Waiting (Steven Wilson Stereo Mix)”
”Sleepwalk (Conny Plank Original Mix)” / “Waiting (Conny Plank Original Mix)”
Lagniappe (la ·gniappe) noun ‘lan-ˌyap,’ — 1. An extra or unexpected gift or benefit. 2. Something given or obtained as a gratuity or bonus. Launched in 2005, the blog Aquarium Drunkard has become a daily destination for many on a never-ending quest for musical discovery. In 2011, Aquarium Drunkard established The Lagniappe Sessions, featuring some of the site's favorite artists covering some of their favorite artists. Released for RSD Black Friday in 2016, The Lagniappe Sessions Volume 1 brought these sessions to vinyl for the first time. Aquarium Drunkard has now teamed up with ORG Music for a second volume of the series, featuring an eclectic group of artists including Kevin Morby, Mikal Cronin, The Mountain Goats, Damien Jurado, and many more. The record, limited to 1,500 copies worldwide, comes pressed on clear vinyl exclusively for Record Store Day 2020.
Studio One, the legendary Jamaican label that pioneered the reggae, ska and dancehall crazes and sparked the careers of Bob Marley, Alton Ellis, Jackie Mittoo and dozens of other reggae luminaries, have released thousands of essential reggae classics over its unrivaled six-decade long history. From the Vaults, Vol. 2 is a CD collection of Studio One rarities that are either entirely unreleased or unreleased on LP, featuring numerous Studio One heavy hitters like Dennis Brown, Freddie McGregor, Jennifer Lara and Johnny Osbourne. This is the second installment of Studio One's From The Vaults series. The first installment was released for Record Store Day Black Friday 2017 and reached #1 on the Billboard Reggae Chart, selling out on vinyl immediately.
1. Alf & Teep - Freedom, Justice, Equality, 2. Jackie Bernard - Torture & Flames, 3. Winston Prince - Mark I Word (Previously Unreleased), 4. Johnny Osbourne & Jennifer Lara - Zion Gate (Tk. 2) (Previously Unreleased), 5. Prince Tallis - Dog Ago Bite You (Tk. 5) (Previously Unreleased, Stereo Mix), 6. The Mediators - Give Me True Love (Stereo Mix), 7. Im and the Invaders - The Great Ball (Previously Unreleased, Stereo Mix), 8. Joseph Hill & the Soul Defenders - Behold (Tk. 3) (Unreleased Stereo Mix), 9. Dennis Brown - Macabee Version (Unreleased Stereo Mix), 10. The Three Tops - Down in the Bone Yard, 11. The Soul Vendors - Dark Shade of Black (Unreleased Stereo Mix), 12. Lloyd Williams - I'm in Love with You (Original JA Mix), 13. Ken Boothe - Something You Got (Previously Unreleased, Stereo Mix), 14. Lloyd Charmers - Mr. Moses (Previously Unreleased, Stereo Mix), 15. Larry Marshall - I Need You Girl (Previously Unreleased, Stereo Mix), 16. Slim Smith - Happy Times (Unreleased Stereo Mix), 17. Larry & Alvin - Hush Up (Tk. 3) (Unreleased Stereo Mix), 18. Roy Richards - West of East Street (Tk. 3) (Previously Unreleased, Stereo Mix), 19. Prince Jazzbo - Jah Dip (Tk. 2) (Unreleased Stereo Mix), 20. The Silvertones - Down by the Shore (Unreleased Version)
New Vinyl: $10.98 Buy
This limited edition compilation LP was curated from the classic Sun Record Company catalog by participating Record Store Day stores, and marks the seventh installment of the 'Sun Records Curated by Record Store Day' series. Volume 7, Sunrise on the Blues, highlights some of the incredible blues artists in the Sun Records archive. While the iconic label is best known for launching the careers of superstars like Elvis and Johnny Cash, Sam Phillips' Sun Records initially started as a rhythm and blues label. The track list for this compilation was carefully curated by the hardworking people in record stores themselves. This Record Store Day 2020 exclusive release is limited to 4,000 copies worldwide.
1. HOWLIN' WOLF “Everybody in the Mood” 2. LITTLE JUNIOR'S BLUE FLAMES “Mystery Train”3. ROSCO GORDON “Let's Get High” 4. JOHNNY ADAMS “I Won't Cry” 5. EARL HOOKER “Going On Down The Line” 6. LOST JOHN HUNTER & HIS BLIND BATS “Cool Down Mama” 7. BIG WALTER HORTON “Grandma Told Grandpa”
1. SLEEPY JOHN ESTES “Policy Man Blues”2. LITTLE MILTON “If Crying Would Help Me” 3. JAMES COTTON “Cotton Crop Blues” 4. DOCTOR ROSS “Cat Squirrel” 5. THE PRISONAIRES “That Chick's Too Young To Fry” 6. PAT HARE “I'm Gonna Murder My Baby” 7. JOE HILL LOUIS “We All Got To Go Some Time”